Happy [2 days advanced] Independence Day!
June 12, 1898 marks the homeland Pilipinas’ independence from Spain. And we are still celebrating. Pilipino festivals take over this month to celebrate the culture and its impact on the world today.
So here we are, four friends and I, taking part in one of the celebrations today. We volunteered at Union City’s Kalayaan Festival. The festival included hella food (*drooling*), clothes from traditional to modern, artwork, and performances. Lots of goodies under the gleamin’ sun!
One of my favorite parts of the festival was watching the Veteranos present the flags of the Pilipinas, the US, California, and their seal. I couldn’t help but admire their lasting dedication to both nations, despite lack of recognition in one.
After the festival, Ann (as seen in the second and fourth picture) and I went to the park by my apartment for sticker adventures. We went all Bansky’d out by incorporating the doodles with their environment.
Photo credits go to Ann for the first three sticker pictures and artistic credit goes to her for the second to last doodle.
‘Twas a simple and delightful day, I must say.
- colormecas5andra likes this
- kevkevtuan likes this
- kevincandeedo likes this
- eeeej reblogged this from theballoonrocketeer and added:
- samarce likes this
- eisforervin reblogged this from barbonator
- barbonator reblogged this from theballoonrocketeer
- theballoonrocketeer likes this
- theballoonrocketeer reblogged this from empireintheair and added:
- aaronasilo likes this
- melaniefresh likes this
- dreaposa likes this
- anngail reblogged this from empireintheair and added:
- anngail likes this
- empireintheair posted this